MoveMentor: Empowering Educators for Physical Literacy + & Gross Motor Skills
Get our MoveMentor: Empowering Educators for Physical Literacy + & Gross Motor Skills.
You will come out of this course confident to prescribe exercise to children, understand the benefits beyond just the physical, confident to work with children, work confidently with the allied health team for children.
Remember you have the power to boost development holistically through exercise.
Exercise is an underutilised secret sauce in child health and we have the power to share it!
One of the benefits of taking Kids Heart Pilates bundle course is being more aware and adaptable to exercise prescription when dealing with internal referrals for children.
"From this course, I have gained so much knowledge in all areas of childhood development and how Exercise Physiologists play a role in this."
Child Development and Paediatric Programming
Understanding child development, the impact of physical development on all areas of child development and how to run an effective movement program for children.
- A good understanding of exercise recommendations for children aged 1 - 12 years old.
- Comprehension of child developmental key areas and how physical development impacts each area.
- Understanding of movement progression
- A thorough understanding of age specific exercise prescription
- Knowledge of what a child needs during the early stages of development and movement progression.
- Key strategies of promoting physical development and knowledge of promoting development in all key areas.
- Knowledge of indicators in relation to developmental concerns and who to refer to
- Tools to implement in providing group exercise within a group of children.
- Understanding of Pilates Principles for children
- Effective strategies on teaching children
- Exercise Prescription to target the specific areas of development
- Sample and ready to use exercise sessions for specific areas of development
- Common developmental concerns and specifics
- Being able to recognise the technique or common movement faults in children
- A good grasp and toolkit on how to promote movement programs
Pilates For Paeds
Learn how to prescribe and program exercises using the entire Kids Heart Pilates database and use it with your paediatric clients straight away.
- Have a get ready to go exercise database
- Comprehension of how Pilates influences each key area of Child Development and be able to prescribe Pilates based on this.
Knowledge on the core anatomy and how to prescribe breathing exercises that influence core stability and pelvic floor function.
Understand how the imagination and incorporating story telling can impact child development.
Understanding the reasoning and suitability for when to prescribe Pilates and each exercise within our database.
Knowledge of how to progress and regress each exercise.
The ability to pick common technique faults in children and call on our prescription formula to cue technique.
Have a toolkit to workshop and modify our database and any exercise to make appropriate for children
A good understanding on how to program and progress programs for varied abilities
Understand the logistics of running a paediatric program.
Understand how to engage children and key influences to run a successful intervention.